Saturday, April 28, 2012

Lulzbot Order came in

Lulzbot RAMPS board
RAMPS 1.4 board from Lulzbot, seated on an Arduino MEGA 2560 from BuyInCoins


My LulzBot.com order came in on Thursday, it was securely packed with bubble wrap and everything came through the mail in good shape.  Now I have to wait for the rest of the hardware to be shipped on Monday so I'll hopefully be able to start building it next weekend.  I'm hoping I haven't forgotten anything major so I can start building it right away.


LulzBot order came in, bubble wrapped up and protected.
Budaschnozzle 1.1 for my Reprap's hothend, boxed up and secure

Budaschnozzle 1.1 with .5mm extruder tip

Budaschnozzle 1.1 Profile

Budaschnozzle 1.1 

Budaschnozzle 1.1

Wires and connectors for Budaschnozzle 1.1

SDRAMPS card reader modification for the Reprap Prusa Mendel (top)

SDRAMPS Card reader modification for the Reprap Prusa Mendel (bottom)


Mechanical Endstop Switch

Mechanical Endstop Switch (reverse side)

Pololu A4988 Stepper Motor Driver, Assembled (top)

Pololu A4988 Stepper Motor Driver, Assembled (bottom)

RAMPS 1.4 board (top), you also need four Pololu A4988 stepper motor drivers to mount to it.


Wiring for the RAMPS board
I picked up a  few back up parts in case I screw up my hotend.  If I don't end up needing them I can always buy a cheap hotend and use these components to heat it.
6 Ohm resistor for heating the hot end of the extruder

100k Epcos Thermistor


100k Honeywell Axial Thermistor

2 comments:

  1. Loving my LulzBot AO-100. Here are a couple tutorial videos on it.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrewupandabout/videos

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a busy summer, I'm only finally finishing the assembly and wiring phase of getting the Reprap Prussa Mendel up and running. I do like the build quality and design of the budaschnozzle compared to a lot of the other designs I'd looked at.

    I subscribed to your youtube channel I only watched the video where you compared 3 printers and talked about the pros and cons of them http://youtu.be/IZLwr53yxlI It was a solid video, the Lulzbot design looks like it's based around the reprap MendelMax design using aluminum extruded bars instead of threaded rod like the Prusa Mendel. It's a great design and one I seriously looked into before going with the Prusa Mendel for easier access to the hardware locally. The RAMPS electornics is so I can keep upgrading it slowly as my skills improve with the 3D printer. This whole 3D printing thing is amazing, I can't wait to see where the technology takes us.

    ReplyDelete