Monday, July 25, 2016

Trying to get back into the swing of things...

Holy hot damned pancakes it's been a flipping long time...  I think I went full on A.D.D. with electronics for a while.  I tried building an 8x8x8 LED cube with a friend and never finished it.  I still have an illogical, but undying hate for 8 bit shift registers.  I mean it's almost done, but I apparently got the wrong kind of bit shifters and need to spend around $3.50 to get the right ones, but just haven't been willing to put in the order yet.

Damned thing is like 90% the way there..... stupid bit 
Then I got sucked into 250 sized drone racing.  Which I will admit is fun as hell when you're wearing goggles and looking out the nose of that little whirlybird flying around at nearly 80mph.  Although they really should offer some kind of warning to those of us that tend to tinker that it will be a non-stop time sink of tinkering, crashing, repairing and upgrading, followed with more tinkering and then days spent tuning it until it's perfect only to crash it within a few hours of getting a bit too cocky with the controls and then it's back to another round of repairs and tuning.  Sadly I think I enjoy the tinkering and tuning almost more than the time I get to actually fly it which in Juneau is around 20 days a year when there isn't massive winds or a torrential downpour of rain for weeks on end.  I am looking forward to winter flying and have been reading up on how the cold affects the batteries on these things. Sadly I've been bitten by the bug and now I also want to build a 400 sized drone with a really nice gimbal mount for my gopro for sweet, sweet cheese shots of Juneau from the sky.  Which leads me into my next massive time sink...


Can't stop tinkering with this damned thing...

I ended up purchasing Sony Vegas Pro 13 on a huge sale for a relatively good price.  While I would have preferred to get Adobe Premiere and After Effects I couldn't bring myself to buy into their monthly software rental program as a single year of that would have cost me six times what I spent for Sony Vegas Pro which I own outright and can use for the next decade if I want to.  So I've dumped 100's of hours into learning that piece of software through watching YouTube tutorials and just playing with all its features.  I still don't think I have the eye for cutting pieces of video together. As most of my jump cuts look like some kind of a test for epilepsy, but I'll figure it out eventually or be sued by some poor bastard that unfortunately found out they were epileptic due to watching one of my videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment