Monday, May 23, 2011

Trial run of time lapse photo (1st try)

While the apartment building I live in Juneau isn't all that nice, the view is pretty spectacular so I hooked up a web cam and made a semi permanent mount in my window for it so I could try some time lapse of the cruise ships coming into port.  The following video is my first attempt and while there are a few things I don't like about it, it's mainly due to the cheap Logitech 720p webcam's low quality optics.  So I'm working on building a simple servo motor to push a button so I can use a good quality camera so I don't get the weird halo of blurriness around the edges of the image.  Still I figured out most of what I want to.  Now just to see if I can get the parts and build the servo motor so I can use a high quality camera and get some really amazing shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment